Tacos. They hold a special place in my heart. Before I started on this complete lifestyle change, I have vivid memories of enjoying tacos at a local food truck with my family. The gluten, the grease, and quality time with my family. That’s hard to compete with.
We started enjoying Taco Night at home. Our son’s eyes light up as soon as he sees tacos. Its a special tradition in our family.
A Taco Night with your family should be a priority. Here are a few reasons why:
1.) Taco Night helps create memories with your family. This will give you an excuse to spend quality time with the people in your life who mean the most.
2.) Taco Night helps bring cultural diversity to your table. This is a great time to discuss the similarities and differences of foods from other countries.
3.) Clean up is a breeze after Taco Night. It usually creates very few dirty dishes and there is never leftovers.
4.) You can feed the masses with Taco Night. Taco ingredients are cheap and simple!
5.) Taco Night is perfect for picky eaters. The options are endless with tacos. Kids are able to have control over what goes on their plate.
Therefore, I had to find a way to compete with the food truck…
- 1 tbsp Organic Chili Powder Spicely Organics
- 1/4 tsp Organic Garlic Powder Spicely Organics
- 1/4 tsp Organic Onion Powder Spicely Organics
- 1/2 tsp Organic Paprika Spicely Organics
- 1 1/2 tsp Organic Ground Cumin Spicely Organics
- 1 tsp Chili Lime Sea Salt San Franciso Salt Company
- 1 tsp Organic Black Pepper Spicely Organics
- 1 cup Organic Olive Oil Garcia Del La Cruz
Cilantro Lime Sauce
- 1 container Lone Star Queso Culinary Cowgirls
- 1 bag Sea Salt Tortilla Chips Siete
- In a medium bowl, combine marinade ingredients. Slice chicken thighs in small pieces. Combine chicken. Place in the fridge. Marinade for 24 hours for best results.
- In a small bowl, combine cilantro lime sauce ingredients. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Oil large baking sheet. Spread sliced chicken thighs. Bake for 30 minutes or until crispy and brown.
- Pour a small amount of olive oil in cast iron pan and brown each tortilla on both sides.
- Place a small amount of chicken in each taco. Top with cabbage, red onion, and cilantro. Drizzle with cilantro lime sauce.