Ah. Stuffed peppers. These little things bring back awesome memories for me as a little girl. My Mom used to make them for our family all the time. When I was little, I used to just eat everything inside of the stuffed pepper, and not even touch the bell pepper. I did not care for them. But, now that I’m older and much wiser, I eat the bell pepper too! Haha! Bell peppers are great for eye health, help prevent cancer, boost immunity, balances mood, natural sleep aid, help provide beautiful skin, lowers cholesterol, helps with pain, and they are heart healthy. They are an excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin C, and potassium. Eat your bell peppers!
- 6 Organic Yellow Bell Peppers Melissa's Produce
- 6 Organic Red Bell Peppers Melissa's Produce
- t tbsp Orgnaic Olive Oil Garcia Del La Cruz
- 1/3 cup Organic Sweet Onion Melissa's Produce
- 3 Organic Garlic Coves Melissa's Produce
- 1/4 cup Organic Green Onion Melissa's Produce
- 1 lb Organic Ground Turkey Greensbury Market
- 1 can Organic Chopped Tomatos Organico Bello
- 3 tbsp Organic Sweet Peppers Melissa's Produce
- 2 tbsp Organic Parsley Melissa's Produce
- 1 tsp Himalyan Pink Salt San Franciso Salt Company
- 1 tbsp Organic Italian Seasoning Spicely Organics
- 1/4 cup Pasta Sauce Organico Bello Pasta Sauce
- 1/4 cup Organic Mozzarella Cheese Rumiano Cheese
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until onion softens.
- Add green onions, minced sweet pepper and saute for about five minutes.
- Set onion, garlic and sweet pepper mixture aside.
- Brown ground turkey and cook through.
- Add onion, garlic, and sweet pepper mixture. Also, add diced tomatoes, parsley, italian seasoning, and salt.
- Mix well and cook another five minutes.
- Stuff mixture inside hollow yellow and red peppers.
- Pour reserved tomato liquid in a baking dish and place peppers in dish.
- Top each stuffed pepper with about a tablespoon of pizza sauce.
- Mound each pepper with cheese.