In a world full of plain bagels, be EVERYTHING! Bagels remind me of my childhood. I was always a sucker for a fluffy bagel. How do you like your bagel? Cream cheese? Jelly? Avocado? These “Paleo Bagels” are the REAL DEAL! They have an awesome dense texture and creamy cheese taste.
- 3 cups Organic Shredded Mozzarella Cheese Rumiano Cheese
- 2 oz Organic Cream Cheese
- 3 Organic Brown Eggs Happy Egg Co
- 1 3/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- Organic Black Sesame Seeds Spicely Organics
- Organic White Sesame Seeds Spicely Organics
- Organic Garlic Powder Spicely Organics
- Organic Onion Powder Spicely Organics
- Organic Poppy Seeds Spicely Organics
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a small bowl, whisk together almond flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- Add mozzarella and cream cheese to a large microwave-safe bowl. Melt in the microwave at full power in 30 second intervals. After each 30 seconds, stir cheese until cheese is completely melted and uniform (see photo above). This should take around 2 ½ minutes total. Do not try to microwave the full time at once because some of the cheese will overcook.
- Add cheese, 2 eggs (remember one of the eggs listed is for the egg wash finish at the end only), and almond flour mixture into a food processor with dough blade attachment. Pulse on high speed until the dough is uniform. The dough will be quite sticky, which is normal.
- Wrap your pastry board with plastic wrap until the plastic wrap is taut. You should have the plastic wrap running across the bottom of the board so that the weight of the board will help keep the plastic wrap in place. Lightly coat your hands with oil and divide dough into 8 equal parts. Roll each dough into ropes about 1 inch thick. The plastic wrap should keep your dough from sticking to the board. Form the rope into a circle and pinch the ends shut. Carefully place circle onto lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough. Place 4 bagels on each baking sheet.
- Add the final egg to a bowl and whisk. Generously brush surface of bagels with egg wash. If you wish to add bagel toppings, add them at this time.
- Bake bagels for about 14-15 minutes in the middle rack of your oven, or until bagels are golden brown.