Sheet pan dinners are a wonderful and simple way to prepare an easy roasted meal using just a single pan in the oven.
Here are a few tips for creating the perfect sheet pan recipe:
1.) Choose the best sheet pan! Get a heavy (18-gauge) aluminum one with rolled rims and—most importantly—no nonstick coating.
2.) Layer strategically! Many sheet pan meals involve layering ingredients, with veggies and starch on the bottom and protein (like chicken or fish) on top.
3.) Coordinate cook times! Whether you go for layers or not, sheet pan meals will involve a degree of timing and coordination. Not every item cooks at the same rate!
4.) Do the prep in a bowl! Just because you’re cooking everything in one pan doesn’t mean you have to do all your prep in that pan.
5.) Pick the right protein! Chicken, sturdy fish like salmon and cod, as well as pork (especially pork tenderloin), will work best.
This recipe is perfect for a “Sheet Pan Rookie!” Try it out!
- 1 Organic Whole Chicken Greensbury Market
- 2 cups Organic Salted Butter Rumiano Cheese
- 2 tsp Himalyn Pink Salt San Francsio Salt Company
- 2 tbsp Fresh Organic Sage Melissa's Produce
- 1 tbsp Fresh Organic Thyme Melissa'a Produce
- 1 tbsp Fresh Organic Tarragon Melissa's Produce
- 5 cloves Organic Garlic Melissa's Produce
- 1 bag Ruby Sensation Red Potatos Tasteful Selections
- 1/2 lb Organic Brussel Sprouts Melissa's Produce
- 3 tbsp Organic Olive Oil Garcia Del La Cruz
- 2 tsp Organic Garlic Powder Spicely Organics
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the whole chicken on a cutting board and pat it dry with paper towel. Using your hands gently separate skin from the meat on the breast, leg and thighs, being careful not to pop a hole through the skin. Season under the skin all over the bird with salt.
- In a small bowl, add butter, sage, thyme, tarragon and garlic. Using a fork or spoon mix together until all the ingredients are combined.
- Take the mixture and rub under the skin, just like you did with the salt. Be sure to get it all over.
- Toss potatos and brussel sprouts with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place chicken on a sheet pan.
- Place sheet pan in the oven and roast for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, add potoas and Brussel sprouts. Place sheet pan back in oven and roast for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Insert a thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh (the bottom of the chicken.) The chicken will be done when the thigh is 165 degrees F. Enjoy!