This is crabsolutely delicious. Haha. A little cheesy, I know! Crab cakes remind me of my childhood. I use to order crab cakes every time I went out to eat with my family. They satisfy so many of my cravings! Added bonus, crab is loaded Omega-3 fatty acids, which is extremely important to me! help fight depression, improves sleep and fights inflammation. Do you have enough Omega-3 in your diet? This “Paleo Crab Cake” recipe is PERFECTION! Try it!
- 1 lb Fresh Lump Crab Meat
- 1 cup Original Nut Crumbs
- 1 Organic Brown Egg Happy Egg Co
- 1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Organic Lemon Melissa’s Produce
- 2 tsp Organic Dijon Mustard Organicville
- 1 tsp Organic Garlic Powder Spicely Organics
- 1 tsp Organic Italian Seasoning Spicely Organics
- 1/2 tsp Organic Peppercorn Black Ground Spicely Organics
- 1 tbsp Fresh Organic Parsley Melissa’s Produce
- 1 tbsp Organic Salted Butter Rumiano Cheese
- 2 tbsp Organic Olive Oil Garcia Del La Cruz
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse and drain crabmeat. Dry with paper towel to absorb excess water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine mayo, mustard, egg, Worcerstershire, and lemon juice. Add in seasonings and mix again.
- Pour crabmeat into egg/mayo/spice mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Add bread crumbs and combine well.
- Line a baking sheet tray with parchment paper. Shape crab cakes and place onto parchment paper. Refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- In a small dish, combine a pinch of pepper, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Sprinkle this mixture lightly over the tops of the crab cakes. Carefully turn them over and sprinkle the other side as well. This will make for a flavorful crust.
- Heat a large pan with your butter and olive oil on medium heat. When butter becomes frothy, lower crab cakes into pan carefully by spatula to brown on both sides, about 2 minutes each side. (Golden in color).
- After they have been been lightly browned, transfer cakes back to parchment paper lined baking sheet and place in the oven at 400 degrees F to cook through–about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to plate with spatula.
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor or blender and combine until smooth. Refrigerate until serving.