I remember being a little girl and seeing Ceviche for the first time. I thought to myself, “What is that?” Haha! It’s an odd looking little dish. But wow, it packs a punch! Ceviche is a seafood dish where diced cubes of raw fish marinate in a lemon and lime juice mixture, and the reaction of the citrus juices cures the fish protein and causes it to become opaque and firm while absorbing flavor. The Ceviche method of preparing fish is elemental to coastal South American cuisine and was born out of the need to preserve food. Do you enjoy Ceviche? What is your favorite combination? I want to know!
- 1 lb Fresh Organic Wild Caught Shrimp Greensbury Market
- 1/2 cup Fresh Organic Lime Juice Melissa's Produce
- 1/2 cup Fresh Organic Lemon Juice Melissa's Produce
- 1 cup Organic Red Onion, Finely Chopped Melissa's Produce
- 1 Organic Jalepano Melissa's Produce
- 1 cup Organic Fresh Celentro
- 1 Organic Mini Cucumber Melissa's Produce
- 1 Organic Tropical Avacado, Seed Removed, Cut Into 1/2 Chunks Melissa's Produce
- Cut each piece of shrimp in half.
- Place the shrimp in a bowl. Mix in the lime and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate for a half hour.
- Mix in the red onion and jalepeno. Refrigerate an additional half hour.
- Right before serving, add the avacado, cilantro, and cucumber.