Poppers. A staple at every family event. That’s what my Dad always said! Haha! However, I was never a fan of jalapeños and unfortunately I can’t consume real bacon. So, I wanted to create a fun spin on the family staple. That is how the “Sweet Pepper Turkey Bacon Poppers” were born! Haha! These little things are crazy addictive, be careful! BONUS, our son loved them! They are great for kids! Maybe even a fun cooking project to include them? I wanted to spice them up a little, so I added some delicious gorgonzola crumbles to the cream cheese filling. What is a staple at all of your family events? I want to know, please share!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a baking sheet lightly with cooking spray.
- Prepare peppers. Set peppers aside.
- Combine Gorgonzola crumbles in a bowl with the cream cheese. Stir until well mixed.
- Spoon this mixture into each of the 12 peppers. Wrap one piece of bacon around each pepper.
- Place peppers on the baking sheet with the bacon “seams” on the bottom.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the bacon starts to crisp.