You had me at TACOS. Haha! We are defiantly a “TACO FAMILY.” We love to enjoy tacos in every form. It’s always an easy meal to feed to our son and he is defiantly always satisfied. Tacos are just a FUN FOOD! And, defiantly always FUN to eat! Haha! Zucchini was an awesome addition to this recipe, because it is PACKED with awesome health benefits including: it’s high in antioxidants, may strengthen your vision, improve heart health, contributes to healthy digestion, and reduces blood sugar levels. We usually eat zucchini a few times a week. It is defiantly one of our favorite vegetables. What is your family’s favorite vegetable?
- 4 medium Organic Zucchini Melissa's Produce
- 1 lb Organic Ground Turkey Greensbury Market
- 2 tbsp Organic Olive Oil Garcia Del La Cruz
- 1/2 cup Organic Sweet Onion, Minced Melissa's Produce
- 1 tbsp Organic Chili Powder Spicely Organics
- 1 tsp Organic Ground Cumin Spicely Organics
- 1 tsp Organic Garlic Powder Spicely Organics
- 1 tsp Organic Paprika Spicely Organics
- 1/2 tsp Organic Dried Oregano Spicely Organics
- 1/2 tsp Organic Onion Powder Spicely Organics
- 1/4 tsp Organic Chili Lime Sea Salt Spicely Organics
- 1/4 tsp Organic Black Pepper Ground Spicely Organics
- 1/4 tsp Organic Chili Pepper Crushed Spicely Organics
- Organic Shredded Cheddar Cheese Rumiano Cheese
- Organic Baby Heirloom Tomatoes Melissa's Produce
- Organic Red Onion Melissa's Produce
- Organic Fresh Cilantro Melissa's Produce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and dry zucchini and cut off ends. Slice zucchini in half, lengthwise. Use a spoon to hollow out zucchini, leaving a 1/4 inch inch shell. Place zucchini into a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, add cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, crushed chili pepper, salt, pepper, and oregano. Mix together.
- In a large skillet, add oilive oil, ground turkey and onions. Bring to medium high heat and cook until meat is nearly done. Sprinkle with seasoning mix. Continue to cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Fill zucchini with taco meat mixture. Place into oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until zucchini is just cooked. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Sprinkle cheese over zucchini. Place back into oven and cook an additional 5 minutes, so cheese is melted over the zucchini boats.
- Service with cilantro, shredded cheddar cheese, and red onions.