Apples. One of my FAVORITE fruits! They are packed with AWESOME health benefits including: they help with digestion, treat anemia, and control diabetes. But, which variety of apple? I would have to say Envy Apples. Envy apples are a round variety with striated, ruby-red skin with green undertones. They are available almost year-round from sources in New Zealand, Chile, and the United States. These apples are wildly juicy, sweet, and crisp. With a classic apple cider flavor, Envy apples have a firm texture with flesh that is slow to brown. What is your favorite variety of apple? And why? This recipe is GOLDEN! There is nothing better than turning a beautiful fruit into a decadent dessert. Try it!
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking dish large enough to fit 6 apple halves with non-stick cooking spray.
- Halve the apples from stem to end and use a spoon to scoop out the core, seeds, and stem. Arrange the apple halves in the baking dish with the flesh facing up.
- In a medium bowl, combine walnuts, monk fruit, cinnamon, salt, and egg white.
- Divide the topping between the apples, lightly pressing it down onto the apples.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 25 minutes. Uncover the apples then bake another 20 to 30 minutes until the apples are soft and the topping has browned.