I’m blue, da ba dee da ba daa… Haha! But, why? Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Powder. What is Butterfly Pea Flower? Butterfly Pea is a stunning wildflower in the Pea family. It is called Butterfly Pea because it is a plant in the pea family, but surprisingly, it is not frequented by butterflies. Rather, the expanded banner looks like a butterfly. This Butterfly Pea Flower Powder is a food coloring and superfood, rich in antioxidants, flavonoids, and peptides. It is also PACKED with other awesome health benefits including: it’s anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, boosts the immune system, boosts metabolism, reduces stress and anxiety, lowers high blood pressure, and helps regulate blood sugar. Have you used Butterfly Pea Flower Powder before? If so, how? I would LOVE to know! Do share! Haha!
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine the crust dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix in the butter.
- Pour the crust mixture into a 10 inch x 4 inch springform pan and press halfway up the sides using your fingers. Refrigerate the crust for 20 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the room temperature cream cheese with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. If you use a stand mixer use the paddle attachment.
- Add in the sweetener a little at a time (about 1/3).
- Add in the room temperature eggs one at a time and beat until well incorporated.
- Finally, add in the vanilla and beat until just incorporated.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the crust and even out the top. Bake in the pre-heated oven. Check after 50 minutes. The top should no longer be glossy and the center should still be jiggly.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven run a sharp paring knife between the cheesecake and the pan. Do not remove the springform. Let sit on the counter for 1 hour.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Remove the springform pan sides, decorate the top, and serve. Makes 12 slices.