Blackberries. One of my favorite berries! And, definitely, my favorite berry to add to a smoothie. Why do you ask? Blackberries have many awesome health benefits! They are PACKED with Vitamin C. Just one cup of raw blackberries has almost 30.2 milligrams of Vitamin C. Crazy right? That’s half the daily recommended value. Vitamin C is integral to collagen formation in bones, connective tissue, and blood vessels. They are VERY high in fiber. Just one cup of raw blackberries has almost 8 grams of fiber. Most people don’t get enough fiber in their diet. That’s a problem: A low-fiber diet has been linked to digestive problems like bloating, constipation, and stomach pain. And lastly, they are HIGH in magnesium. Just one cup of raw blackberries has almost .9 milligrams of magnesium. You don’t hear as much about manganese as other minerals, but it’s vital to healthy bone development and a healthy immune system. It also helps your body metabolize carbs, amino acids, and cholesterol. Do you have a special recipe that contains blackberries? Please share! This little recipe is pretty special. The slight tartness of the blackberries mixed with the sweet crunchy topping is the PERFECT combination. Try it!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the blackberries, lemon juice, sweetner, and xanthan gum to a bowl and stir well to coat the berries.
- Transfer to a 9X9 baking dish.
- Add the almond flour, cinnamon, melted butter, and sweetener to a small bowl and stir well to form moist crumbs.
- Sprinkle the topping over the berries.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until you have reach desired golden color.
- Let set for 5 minutes before serving.