Healthy snacks. … one of the main things that create on an everyday basis! I am definitely a “snacker!” I have to have a snack at least every 2 hours, sometimes every 1 hour. I have an extremely fast metabolism! It is very hard to keep up with at times. I need to make sure that my snacks are nutritious and satisfying, otherwise they are a complete waste of time. I depend on them to get me through the day! And now, we have discovered that our son is the exact same way. He is constantly hungry and requires constant snacks! Do you have a child with a fast metabolism? These apple chips are GOLDEN! ⭐️ The texture, taste, and fun appeal can’t be beat! They definitely come in handy! Do you have a special recipe for a healthy on-the-go snack for kids? Please share!
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Core the apples. With a mandolin (recommended) or a very sharp knife, slice the apples horizontally into 1/8 inch-thick rounds.
- Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Arrange the apples in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 1 hour in the upper and lower thirds of the oven.
- Remove the baking sheets and switch the pans' position on the upper and lower racks. Continue baking for 1 to 1 1/2 additional hours, until a single apple chip removed from the oven is crisp when set out at room temperature for 2 to 3 minute.