Whenever I am feeling a little BLUE, I throw together a pot of soup. It is so incredibly comforting to me! It always reminds me of my Mom and home! And as mentioned before, I love to make a pot of soup before the week starts and enjoy it for lunch during the week. Soup is definitely my ideal lunch! It is always light and loaded with nutrients. It always gives me the fuel that I need to make it through the rest of the day. This Chicken & Dumplings recipe will definitely not disappoint! The dumplings are pillows of heaven and I love the addition of mushrooms. The broth is creamy and packed with crazy flavor. When I was a little girl, I never liked dumplings. But, now that I am an adult, I am way more intelligent and I appreciate the little things! Haha! I think you are either a dumpling person, or you aren’t. What do you think? Are you a dumpling person? Let me know!
- 1 lb Organic Chicken Breast, Diced Greensbury Market
- 1/2 lb Shiitake Mushrooms Melissa's Produce
- 2 tbsp Arrowroot Flour
- 2 tbsp Organic Olive Oil Garcia Del La Cruz
- 1 Medium Organic Sweet Onion, Chopped Melissa's Produce
- 2 Organic Celery Stalks, Chopped Melissa's Produce
- 4 Organic Garlic Cloves, Minced Melissa's Produce
- 1 tbsp Fresh Organic Thyme Melissa's Produce
- 2 tbsp Fresh Organic Parsley Melissa's Produce
- 6 cups Organic Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Unsweetened Organic Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Himalayn Pink Salt
- 2 tsp Organic Ground Pepper Spicely Organics
- 1 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Original Nut Crumbs Appel Foods
- 2 tbsp Arrowroot Flour
- 2 tbsp Organic Butter
- 1 Organic Brown Egg
- 1 tsp Organic Garlic Powder Spicely Organics
- 1 tsp Organic Onion Powder Spicely Organics
- 1/2 tsp Himalyan Pink Salt San Franciso Salt Company
- 1/2 tsp Organic Ground Pepper Spicely Organics
- In a bowl place the almond flour, nut crumbs, arrowroot flour, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper and mix to combine.
- Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the almond flour mixture until you have a mixture that resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg and knead until everything is well combined.
- Form the dough into 1-inch round balls.
- Refrigerate the dumpling until ready to cook.
- In a large pot heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and celery and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the fresh thyme and chicken broth. Stir to combine.
- Simmer the soup until the chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl place the almond milk and arrowroot flour and whisk to combine. Stir the mixture into the soup.
- Drop the dumplings into the soup and cook, stirring gently, until tender, 10–15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the chopped parsley and serve.