When I first went off to college, I lived off of frozen chicken pot pies! Haha! They always provided me with that super cozy feeling that made me feel “right at home.” It’s definitely a huge COMFORT FOOD for me! What is your comfort food? This Paleo Chicken Pot Pie recipe is HOME! The pie filling is creamy and very flavorful, while the crust is soft, buttery, and cheesy. Need I say more? This recipe is very easy and it provides you with a meal that you can enjoy for a few days. It NEVER gets old! It’s a great recipe to cook for the entire family and I promise the kids will not be disappointed.
- 1 1/2 cups Organic Chicken Breast, Cubed Small Greensbury Market
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Sweet Onion, Diced Melissa's Produce
- 1/2 cup Celery, Sliced Melissa's Produce
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minded Melissa's Produce
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup Organic Chicken Broth Greensbury Market
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard Organicville
- 1/2 cup Frozen Peas
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add the onion, celery, garlic, and a little salt and pepper to the pan. Sauté until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the chicken to the pan and sauté until is is cooked though.
- Add the heavy cream, chicken stock, and Dijon mustard to the pan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in peas.
For The Dough
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mozzarella cheese and cream cheese.
- Microwave for 1 minute. Stir to combine and microwave 1 additional minute.
- Mix in almond flour, egg, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, salt and black pepper.
- Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Spread the dough into a large flat circle on parchment paper.
- Fill the baking dish with pie filling.
- Place the dough on top of the pie filling and fold down around the edges.