When I was growing up, my Mom would make me tomato soup and grilled cheese at least once a week. It was a highly requested meal by me! Haha! As mentioned before, soup is one of my favorite meals to eat for lunch. But, is soup healthy? Soups are a great and filling way to meet your nutritional needs in one go, as long as you keep an eye on the ingredients. They are a great all-in-one meal: You can get carbs from noodles, rice, or potatoes; protein from beans or meat; fats from avocados or oils; and essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants from vegetables and herbs. Men should consume 15.5 cups of fluids per day and women should consume 11.5 cups per day. And YES, foods and other beverages with water do count! Are you a soup person? Do you have a special soup recipe to share? This recipe is COMFORT in a bowl! It’s creamy and overflowing with flavors! Give it a try!
- 1 Sweet Onion, Medium, Chopped Melissa's Produce
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil Garcia Del La Cruz
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced Melissa's Produce
- 2 28 oz. Cans Whole, Peeled Tomatoes
- 2 cup Chicken Stock Greensbury Market
- 1/2 cup Basil Leaves Melissa's Produce
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Himalayan Pink Salt
- Peppercorn Black Ground Spicely Organics
- Combine the canned tomatoes, basil leaves, sautéed onions and garlic, and stock. Blend over medium low speed until combined, about 1 minute using an emersion blender.
- Top with fresh basil. Enjoy!