Where are my cake donut people at? Haha! I have always been a very “simple” donut person. I don’t want any icing, frosting, or sprinkles on my donut! Haha! No, thanks! Not my flavor! Haha! I am definitely a cake donut kind-of-girl. However, I do like to branch out and try different flavors of cake donuts. Plain, cinnamon sugar, blueberry, strawberry… I could go on forever! There is nothing like a cake donut! Are you a “cake donut kind-of-person?” If so, what kind of cake donut? If not, what’s your type of donut? Glazed? Filled? Let’s chat about it! I love donuts! It’s been a very long time since I have been able to enjoy them. This recipe is super simple and I make it often!
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Monk Fruit Classic Health Garden
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon Spicely Organics
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract Spicely Organics
- 1/2 tsp Almond Extract Spicely Organics
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- 1/2 cup Monk Fruit Golden Health Garden
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 3 tbsp Butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease donut pan.
- In a large bowl combine the almond flour, monk fruit classic, baking powder, and cinnamon. Stir well.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, almond milk, egg, and vanilla extract. Whisk the wet mixture into the dry mixture.
- Transfer batter evenly into the donut vavities, filling them 3/4 of the way. Bake for about 22 minutes, until dark golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the monk gruit golden and cinnamon.
- When donuts have cooled, brush both sides with with butter, then press/roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat.