Biscuits & Gravy. I created this recipe for my Grandpa. Whenever I was a little girl, he used to take me out to breakfast every Sunday. And every Sunday, he would order Biscuits & Gravy. It was a “staple” breakfast item for him. It was NOT breakfast, without Biscuits & Gravy! Haha! I miss him dearly! Sadly, he passed away when I was in the 5th grade. Way too soon! But, I know he was smiling down on me when he saw me cooking this up in the kitchen. What is your favorite breakfast item? The spiciness of the turkey breakfast sausage mixed with the creaminess of the gravy is the perfect addition to these soft and buttery biscuits from Otto’s Naturals. This is Aaron’s favorite breakfast as well! Great minds think alike! Haha! He couldn’t get enough! Do you have a special meal that reminds you of your Grandparents? I would love to hear your story!
- 1 lb Turkey Breakfast Sausage
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken Broth Greensbury Market
- 1/2 cup Coconut Cream
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil Garcia Del La Cruz
- 1 tbsp Plant Butter
- 1 tsp Fresh Rosemary Melissa's Produce
- 1 tsp Fresh Basil Melissa's Produce
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme Melissa's Produce
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder Spicely Organics
- 2 tbsp Arrowroot Flour
- Himalayan Salt
- Black Peppercorn Spicely Organics
- In a deep skillet, brown the turkey breakfast sausage with olive oil over medium heat. Once the sausage is cooked through, remove it from the pan into a bowl and drain the excess grease from the pan.
- Place the same pan back over medium heat, and add broth, coconut cream, almond milk, butter, and all remaining spices (rosemary, basil, garlic powder, thyme, salt & pepper). Whisk well to combine, lower heat and let the mixture simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in arrowroot flour.
- Return the cooked sausage to the pan and stir to combine with the gravy.