I’m not going to lie to you, I was a little apprehensive when creating this recipe. When I was growing up, I was a sucker for greasy Chinese take-out. Haha! It was one of my favorite foods. It never disappointed! However, I couldn’t touch one of those places now with a 10-foot pole without getting sick. Haha! I just can’t do it anymore. And, do you want to know what the worst part is? I crave it ALL THE TIME! Literally, ALL THE TIME! It’s absolutely ridiculous. Just thinking about it right now, makes me crave it all over again. Haha! Not exaggerating at all! It was time to get creative in the kitchen and try to create a fried rice recipe that would satisfy my cravings and satisfy my strict diet requirements. This recipe was definitely the perfect substitution. And, I am not exaggerating at all! I dominated my bowl super fast. It was gone before I knew it! The flavors are crazy satisfying and the texture of the cauliflower rice is light and fluffy. What was your favorite food growing up? Have you tried to re-create it in the kitchen? Share you story please!
- 4 large Eggs, Whisked
- 1 cup Green Onions Brother's Produce
- 4 cloves Garlic Brother's Produce
- 1 tbsp Ginger Brother's Produce
- 4 cups Cauliflower Rice Brother's Produce
- 5 tbsp Coconut Aminos Brother's Produce
- 1 lb Chicken Breast Greensbury Market
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- 1 cup Snow Peas Brother's Produce
- 1/2 Orange Bell Pepper Brother's Produce
- 1/2 tsp White Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Monk Fruit Classic Health Garden
- White Sesame Seeds Spicely Organics
- Black Sesame Seeds Spicely Organics
- Black Peppercorn Spicely Organics
- Himalayan Salt
- 3 tbsp Sesame Oil
- Heat 1 teaspoon sesame oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Pour in the whisked eggs and cook without stirring until fully cooked on one side, about 15-30 seconds. Season with salt and flip in large pieces with a spatula. Cook until just cooked through on the other side, about 15 seconds, then transfer to a cutting board. Let cool slightly then roughly chop into small pieces.
- Return skillet to stove and pour in 1 tablespoon sesame oil over medium heat. Add green onion and cook, stirring frequently, until the green onions have softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Season the chicken with plenty of salt, then add to skillet with onions, garlic, and ginger. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetables and cook, stirring regularly, until just becoming tender, about 2-4 minutes. Simmer until most of the liquid from cooking the vegetables evaporates, another minute or so.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil to the pan, then add the cauliflower rice and stir about 3-5 minutes or until rice begins to soften.
- Stir in cooked egg, coconut aminos, red pepper flakes, and vinegar; stir well and simmer until most liquid has evaporated.
- Garnish with green onion. Enjoy!