When I was in college, I ate oatmeal every single day for breakfast. It was a “go-to” breakfast for me because I have always had an extremely fast metabolism and oatmeal was the only thing that would actually “stick” to my belly. It was always so satisfying and comforting to eat. I was determined to experience that same feeling again. Therefore, I decided to get creative in the kitchen. That’s where this sweet little recipe was created. This recipe is home in a bowl. Did you know that 75% percent of U.S. households have oatmeal in their cupboard? The most popular oatmeal toppings are milk, sugar, fruit (raisins, bananas), and butter/margarine. Among the most unusual are: eggnog, peanut butter, cottage cheese and brewer’s yeast. What do you love to top your oatmeal with? Anything interesting? Do tell…
- 1/4 cup Walnuts, Finely Chopped Mariani Nut
- 1/4 cup Flaked Unsweetened Coconut, Roughly Chopped
- 2 tbsp Ground Flax Seed Meal
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 3 tbsp Monk Fruit Golden Health Garden
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Spicely Organics
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract Spicely Organics
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- Blueberries Brother's Produce
- Blackberries Brother's Produce
- Cashew Butter East Wind Nut Butters
- In a small bowl, mix together the chopped nuts, flaked unsweetened coconut, flax seed meal, coconut flour, chia seeds, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Heat the almond milk until steaming, and then pour over the dry ingredients and stir until completely combined – it will thicken as your stir. Add sweetener to taste.
- Add toppings as desired, and enjoy!