Whenever I was growing up, my Mom would serve stew over a piece of thick white bread. It was one of the most comforting meal experiences of my lifetime. It was a meal always made with love. You could actually taste the love in the recipe. It was truly special. Therefore, I was determined to get in the kitchen and recreate that same feeling, adhering to my strict diet requirements of course. That is where this recipe was created. This recipe is GOLD! The broth is smooth and exploding with all kinds of surprising with flavors. The whole chicken in the recipe makes it fun and makes it interesting. What do you like in your stew recipe? Anything interesting? I would love to know!
- 1 Whole Chicken Greensbury Market
- 1/2 Olive Oil Garcia De La Cruz
- 1 Sweet Onion Brother's Produce
- 6 cloves Garlic, Minced Brother's Produce
- 1/2 cup Cassava Flour Otto's Naturals
- 2 cups Mushroom Chicken Bone Broth Smart Chicken
- 2 stalks Celery, Chopped Brother's Produce
- 10 Mushrooms, Sliced Brother's Produce
- 1 cup Coconut Cream
- 2 Green Onions, Sliced Brother's Produce
- 1 cup Green Peas
- Himalayn Pink Salt
- Peppercorn Black Spicely Organics
- Cut the whole chicken into pieces. Divide it into two thighs, two drums, two wings and two breasts.
- In a large saucepan placed over a medium heat, pour in the olive oil.
- Add in the chicken pieces and cook until golden brown on all sides.
- Remove the chicken and put aside until later.
- Add the onions to the same saucepan and cook in the remaining juices. Once they have sauteed and begun to brown, add the garlic and cook for a few minutes together.
- Add the cassava flour.
- Whisk in the chicken broth.
- Add in the vegetables and chicken, along with any juices from where the chicken was resting.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Allow the stew to come to a simmer, and then cook on low, but still maintain the simmer.
- Cover and cook for approximately 30 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut cream, green onions and peas.
- Cook for a few more minutes. Enjoy!