This is one of those salads that will leave you craving it again the next day. A BBQ Chicken Sandwich is one of those things that I crave on daily basis. BBQ has always been that special flavor that I crave. It’s that perfect combination of sweet, salty, and smokey. Who doesn’t crave that right? BBQ sauce will definitely always be our son’s favorite condiment. Did you know that one of the first commercial barbecue sauces was made in Atlanta and was available for purchase in 1909. It’s definitely been around for awhile! I was on a mission to create a healthier version of a BBQ Chicken Sandwich and that is where this recipe was created. This recipe even got our son’s stamp of approval. That means it truly is a winner! The sweet and peppery BBQ sauce mixed with the vibrant greens is the perfect combination!
- Romaine Lettuce Brother's Produce
- Butter Lettuce Brother's Produce
- Red Cabbage Brother's Produce
- Sweet Onion Brother's Produce
- Tomatoes Brother's Produce
- Ranch Dressing Primal Kitchen
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Drizzle chicken with olive oil and sprinkle the chicken evenly with salt and pepper.
- You can also add other spices like onion or garlic powder here.Bake until just cooked through but not dry—20 to 22 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly then shred with a stand mixer on high, with two forks, or by hand.
- Add bbq sauce to shredded chicken. Mix well.
- Combine salad ingredients. Dress salad. Top with chicken. Enjoy!