I actually did not learn about “gnocchi” until very recently. In case you didn’t know, gnocchi is Italian for dumplings. Gnocchi dough can be made from semolina flour, potatoes, cornmeal, or even bread crumbs. Eggs or cheese are may be added and gnocchi may be poached, baked, fried, or poached and baked. I see everyone trying the Cauliflower Gnocchi from Trader Joes. It’s definitely a hot item! Therefore, I knew I had to get creative in the kitchen and create my own version. This recipe definitely became a family favorite. The texture of the little things is crazy addictive. The Vodka Sauce from Primal Kitchen was the perfect edition. The flavors in the sauce are crazy and it adheres to my crazy diet requirements. Have you tried Vodka Sauce before? What do you like it on? Let me know!
- Heat oven to 425F.
- Steam cauliflower for about five minutes until soft. Ring water out of cauliflower.
- In a food processor blend ingredients for gnocchi until smooth.
- Separate dough into four equal parts and roll out into 3/4" diameter tubes on a surface dusted lightly with cassava flour.
- Cut the tubes of dough into 1" pieces.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and drop gnocchi in. Once they have risen to the surface, remove, and drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Place gnocchi on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and lightly drizzled with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then turn gnocchi over and bake for another 20 minutes until golden.
- Pour sauce over gnocci and add in spinach. Mix together to cook spinach.