Porridge is a traditional food in many countries in Northern Europe. Traditionally, it was cooked in large metal kettles over hot coals. Did you know porridge was often served as food for prisoners in prison? This is why in English there is a slang expression “doing porridge,” which means “being in prison.” It is also traditionally given to individuals who are ill, because it is nourishing and easy to eat. Porridge seemed super cool and definitely something I wanted to recreate in the kitchen. This recipe turned out to be pretty simple and sweet. What can be better right? Have you ever made porridge? Let me know!
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp Golden Ground Flaxseed
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk JOI
- 1/4 cup Monk Fruit Classic Health Garden
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract Spicely Organics
- Blueberries Brother's Produce
- Raspberries Brother's Produce
- Unsweetened Coconut Chips
- Sliced Almonds Mariani Nut
- Chia Seeds
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl or 12 oz glass jar.
- Add in the almond milk and stir until the milk absorbs the dry ingredients.
- Let it sit for a couple of minutes. Stir it again, cover it, and refrigerate overnight.
- Top it with your favorite toppings and enjoy!