There is not a day that goes by where I do not crave a juicy cheeseburger. It is one of those food items that I miss on a daily basis. It’s a TRUE American meal! Did you know each year, Americans eat a whopping 50 billion burgers. Crazy right? Hamburgers and cheeseburgers account for 71 percent of beef served in commercial hotels in the United States. McDonald’s actually sells 75 hamburgers a second. Kinda gross when you think about it right? Therefore, I knew it was time for me to get busy in the kitchen a create a version of a cheeseburger that adheres to my diet requirements and is low-carb. This recipe definitely checks every single box! It is a true winner! After making this salad, Aaron tries to request it at least once a week. It became a favorite recipe in our household. The dill pickle chips and special sauce are my favorite parts of this recipe. It always brings a smile to my face when I find a pickle. There are so many toppings to put on a cheeseburger! You can really get creative! What are your favorite cheeseburger toppings? Anything different? I would love to know!
- Butter Lettuce Melissa's Produce
- Red Onions Melissa's Produce
- Dill Pickle Chips
- Medium Cheddar Cheese Cubes
- Turkey Bacon Greensbury Market
- Tomatoes Melissa's Produce
- Avocado Melissa's Produce
- In a medium bowl, mix together turkey, garlic powder, and salt. Heat olive oil in a large skillet, over medium heat, then add turkey and brown, crumbling with a spatula or spoon.
- Combine salad ingredients.
- Combine dressing ingredients and whisk.
- Dress salad. Enjoy!