To be honest, I am not a huge Butternut Squash fan. Haha! Sorry for those “Butternut Squash Lovers!” But, I wanted to get creative in the kitchen and discover a way that I could actually enjoy it anymore. So, I decided to create a soup. And how do I really “spice” this soup up? I add my beautiful “Mixed Young Cauliflower” from The Chef’s Garden. Cauliflower is Awesome for your digestive health. It is very high in fiber and it also helps regulate your gut bacterial health. This soup is definitely a bowl of “FALL!” It makes you feel right at home. When I made this soup, I immediately wanted to call my Mom and enjoy a bowl with her. Haha! It just makes you feel super warm inside. What is your favorite fall soup?
- 1 Small Head Cauliflower Farmer Jones Farm at The Chef's Garden
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil Garcia De La Cruz
- 1 cup Coconut Cream
- 1 Medium Sweet Onion, Diced
- 6 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 tbsp Plant Butter
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- Mixed Micro-Greens Farmer Jones Farm at The Chef's Garden
- Mixed Flowers Farmer Jones Farm at The Chef's Garden
- Himalayn Pink Salt
- Peppercorn Black Spicley Organics
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On the prepared baking sheet, combine butternut squash, cauliflower, onion, garlic, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until vegetables are soft and tender.
- Transfer vegetables into a food processor or a blender (in 2 batches if needed). Add 2 cups of stock and puree until smooth.
- Add butter and blend again.
- Transfer soup to a large pot, add remaining stock, and stir to combine. Bring soup to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in coconut cream. Season with more salt and pepper, to taste. If the soup is too thick, add some water until desired consistency is reached.
- Garnish with green, chives, and a few of the roasted butternut squash and cauliflower florets. Enjoy!