My Mom has always made a stellar potato soup. It was one of my favorite soups growing up because it always “stuck to your ribs.” Haha! A famous line that my Mom always used to say. I have always had an extremely fast metabolism. That is why I have always eaten foods that satisfy my appetite and leave me feeling full. Whenever my Mom would make this soup, it was a given that she would make biscuits as well. It was a staple. I sure do miss those homemade biscuits. Since, I can’t consume those biscuits anymore, I knew I had to get creative in the kitchen and create a very special potato soup. And how do I achieve that? I add my beautiful leeks and red potatoes from Chef’s Garden to it. Leeks are considered root vegetables and they are very similar to onions. They have a mild, sweet, onion-like flavor. Leeks are rich in prebiotics, which are a type of fiber that feeds the beneficial bacteria in the gut. I also topped it off with my Superfoods Blend from The Chef’s Garden and Turkey Bacon from Greensbury Market. Mmmmm! Perfection! Do you have a special recipe containing leeks to share? I would LOVE to hear it!
- 6 Red Potatoes, Small Farmer Jone's Farm at The Chef's Garden
- 3 Leeks Farmer Jone's Farm at The Chef's Garden
- 2 tbsp Plant Butter
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil Garcia De La Cruz
- 2 Celery, Stalks
- 4 Garlic, Cloves, Minced
- 3 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Coconut Cream
- Turkey Bacon Greensbury Market
- Superfood Blend Farmer Jone's Farm at The Chef's Garden
- Himalyan Pink Salt
- Peppercorn Black
- Cook bacon in a skillet until crisp, then crumble and set aside
- Heat a large soup pot over medium/low heat and add butter and olive oil.
- Add in the leeks and celery and cook until tender and translucent, stir occasionally to keep from burning or sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute while stirring.
- Add in the potatoes and broth, bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook until the potatoes are very tender.
- Turn off the heat, add in salt and pepper.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup in the pot or blend in batches.
- Stir in coconut cream one 1/2 cup at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve with crumbled bacon and superfood blend.