Whenever I was growing up, my Dad would prepare a special “Breakfast Rice” almost every weekend. I was instantly hooked! He would get creative and come up with a different variation every weekend. It was fun to try the different combinations. Well, rice is now in the past. Therefore, I knew I had to get creative in the kitchen and create a breakfast rice that actually adheres to my diet requirements. That is where this recipe was born. It was the perfect opportunity to use my beautiful broccoli and snow peas from The Chef’s Garden! I combined them with riced cauliflower for my base, bell pepper, green onion, turkey bacon from Greensbury Market, and Eat Just eggs! The Eat Just eggs are CRAZY! They definitely taste like the REAL thing! Side Note: Why are snow peas called “snow” peas? Some say it’s because they can appear white if the light reflects a certain way off their pods. But most say it’s because the peas grow very early in the season and aren’t deterred by frost or snow. Snow peas contain a lot of natural sugar, so they are very sweet and tasty to eat raw or cooked. When fresh and eaten raw they are crisp and crunchy. Do you have a special recipe involving snow peas? I would love to hear it!
- 4 slices Turkey Bacon Greensbury Market
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil Garcia De La Cruz
- 2 tbsp Planet Butter
- 1 head Cauliflower, Medium, Riced
- 1 Sweet Onion, Small, Diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Diced
- 6 oz Brocolli Florets Farmer Jone's Farm at The Chef's Garden
- Snow Peas Farmer Jone's Farm at The Chef's Garden
- 2 tsp Coconut Aminos
- Himalyan Pink Salt
- Peppercorn Black Spicely Organics
- Just Eggs
- Green Onion
- Add olive oil and heat a 10” skillet over medium high heat. Add the bacon pieces and cook until crisp, stirring to evenly brown. Once done, remove and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium and add the onions, stir to coat. Cook until softened, then add bell pepper and continue to cook another minute, stirring.
- Add 1 tbsp of plant butter along with the broccoli and snow pears, and stir to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover skillet for 30 seconds to soften broccoli and snow peas.
- Uncover skillet and add the bacon, cauliflower rice, and coconut aminos. Stir to fully coat cauliflower rice with the other veggies and bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally for 45-60 seconds or until softened.
- Remove from heat.
- In a seperate pan, add 1 tbsp of plant butter and cook the Just Eggs.
- Top the rice with the Just Eggs and garnish with green onion.