For this recipe, I used my Home Mixed Lettuce, Fall Radishes, Baby Mixed Onions, and Turmeric from The Chef’s Garden. A simple way to start a healthy lifestyle is by adding this detox-friendly salad to your life. It’s jam-packed with nutrients to support your body’s detoxification system and can be made ahead of time to fit into your busy schedule. When you throw all of these powerful ingredients into one detox salad, the results are delicious. So what is a detox salad? A detox salad combines all of the best foods – these are foods that are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, etc. while having purifying qualities that flush the body of harmful toxins and free radicals – and puts them into one giant bowl. Common detox foods include: kale, beets, lemon, garlic, turmeric, ginger, broccoli, and almonds. To eat raw kale, it’s important that we give it a gentle massage. A simple massage helps to break down the toughness and bitterness while releasing sweetness and tenderness into the leaves, greatly enhancing the flavor and texture. To massage it, finely chop the kale and place it in a large bowl. Next, drizzle it with a little olive oil and salt. I like adding lemon here as well for extra flavor, but that’s not necessary. The oil and salt help break down the leaf’s toughness allowing it to tenderize even more. For this recipe, I combined The Chef’s Garden items with kale, purple cabbage, green onions, cilantro, and almonds to combine. This salad will leave you completely satisfied and maybe even craving it again the next day. I garnished this recipe with Micro Broccoli and Micro Watercress from The Chef’s Garden.
- 3 cups Home Mixed Lettuce Farmer Jone's Farm at The Chef's Garden
- 2 cups Purple Cabbage
- 1 Fall Radishes Farmer Jone's Farm at The Chef's Garden
- 1/2 cup Baby Mix Onions, Sliced Farmer Jone's Farm at The Chef's Garden
- 1/3 cup Green Onions, Sliced
- 1 cup Micro Broccoli Farmer Jone's Farm at The Chef's Garden
- 1 cup Cilantro
- 1/4 cup Almonds Mariani Nut
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor, and pulse until completely smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add all ingredients together in a large bowl, and toss to combine. Dress. Serve immediately.